Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Jalapeño-Mango Salsa
- 1 1/2 Pounds Large, Raw Shrimp Peeled and Deveined
- 2 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Chipotle Chile Powder
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Fine Pink Himalayan Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 or 2 Medium Jalapeños
- 1 Cup Diced Fresh Pineapple
- 1 Cup Diced Fresh Mango
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro Roughly chopped
- Juice From 1 Lime
- Juice From 1/2 Orange
- 3 Cups Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
- 2 Garlic Cloves Chopped or grated
- 1 1-Inch Piece of Fresh Ginger Peeled and finely chopped or grated
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Fine Himalayan Salt
- Corn or Flour Tortillas Warmed
- Crumbled Feta
- Sliced Avocado
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. MAKE THE TACOS. On a baking sheet, toss together the shrimp, olive oil, chipotle chile powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cinnamon, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on one side of the sheet. On the other side, add a jalapeño (or two, if you like your salsa spicy). Roast together until the shrimp is pink and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn on the broiler.
3. Using tongs, return the jalapeño directly to the oven rack. Broil until charred, about 1 minute, and then remove from the oven. When the jalapeño is cool enough to handle, remove the seeds, if desired, then roughly chop the pepper. In a medium bowl, combine the chopped jalapeño with the pineapple, mango, cilantro, lime juice, orange juice, and a pinch of salt.
4. MEANWHILE, MAKE THE SAUCE. In a blender or food processor, combine the cilantro, coconut cream, garlic, ginger, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt as needed.
5. In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with ¼ cup of the sauce to coat well.
6. Stuff the cabbage and shrimp into the warmed tortillas. Top as desired with the remaining sauce, the salsa, feta, avocado, and cilantro.