Roy Choi's Sweet Chili Short Rib Quesadilla
- 2 12 in flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cheddar-jack cheese
- 2 cups small diced onions
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lime, halved and juiced
- 1 lb boneless short rib
- 4 cups Kogi Korean BBQ Marinade
- 6 oz Kogi Sweet Orange Chili Sauce
- 2 tsp crushed and toasted sesame seeds
- Canola oil
- Grill pan to cook short rib
- Griddle or large nonstick pan that fits 12” tortilla
- 10” pan to cook short rib and onion mix
- Large spatula
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Mixing Bowls
Marinate short rib in Kogi Korean BBQ Marinade and Sweet Orange Chili Sauce for at least 2 hours or overnight. Bring the short ribs to room temp before cooking.
Mix onions with cilantro, salt, lime juice. Set aside.
Preheat a grill pan and brush with canola oil. Working in batches, grill the short ribs over high heat, turning once, until nicely browned and charred in spots, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the ribs to a cutting board and chop into bite size pieces. Set aside.
Preheat a separate pan and add canola oil. Add chopped short rib and onion mix and cook until caramelized. Turn off heat and set aside.
While the short rib and onions caramelized, preheat a griddle or large non-stick pan on medium high. Add oil and place tortilla on the griddle. Add cheese to half of the tortilla. Place short rib mixture on the cheese.
Fold over tortilla and cook on both sides until blistered.
Cut into four slices and drizzle Kogi Sweet Orange Chili Sauce over and sprinkle sesame seeds.