Ross Mathews' "Rossipe" for Stew Barrymore
- 1 lb cubed beef
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 cans white beans
- 32 oz beef stock
- 12 oz can V8 juice
- Crushed red pepper (to taste)
- Sour cream
- Celery Salt
- Brown beef in olive oil (season with salt/pepper). Set aside.
- Sweat onions, carrots, celery in same pan. Add garlic, stir. Add beef back in. Add crushed red pepper (to taste) and a pinch of celery salt (to taste).
- Add stock and V8 juice.
- Add frozen peas.
- Add beans, keeping some of the juice (helps thicken).
- Stir on low for an hour or so.
- Serve with a spoonful of sour cream and chives on top.