Remi Cruz's Fried Mac N Cheese Bites
Fried Mac N Cheese Bites
- 1 Box Elbow Macaroni
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 3 1/2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half
- 2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Gruyere Cheese
- 2 Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Quart Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pinch Flakey Salt
- 1 Sprig Chopped Italian Parsley
- Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese
• Preheat oven to 350°f and grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
• bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil, and cook pasta 9-12 minutes until al dente. drain and set aside.
• in a large saucepan, create a roux by melting butter over medium heat and whisking in flour until a paste forms. then add salt, pepper, and seasonings and whisk to combine.
• lower heat and slowly incorporate milk, half and half, and heavy whipping cream. increase heat and bring to a boil.
• remove from heat and add shredded cheese, stirring in ¼ cup at a time until to form the cheese sauce.
• add cooked pasta and mix until pasta is fully coated with sauce.
• pour pasta into the casserole dish, and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 mins.
• remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
• refrigerate pasta for at least 4 hours (up to overnight) or place in freezer for an hour before proceeding.
• once chilled, cut macaroni into 1 inch cubes.
• create a breading station with 3 shallow bowls. in the first bowl, add 1 cup flour. in the second, crack and whisk 2 eggs. in the third bowl, add panko and seasonings.
• begin breading process by rolling each cube first into the flour mixture, then eggs, then panko breadcrumbs. (pro tip: use one hand to coat in egg, and the other to coat in the dry mixtures to minimize the mess!)
• in a large frying pan, heat vegetable oil to 350°f and fry macaroni bites for 2-3 minutes. (keep an eye on them, they cook quickly!)
• remove from oil and set to cool on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
• sprinkle bites with flakey salt, chopped parsley and parmesan cheese!