- 2 Sticks Unsalted Butter At room temperature, plus more for the pans.
- 3 Cups Cake Flour Plus more for the pans
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs At room temperature
- 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup Butter Milk
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter At room temperature
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar Sifted
- 2-3 Tbsp Heaving Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Pre-Baked Sweet Potato Pie 8 inches
• In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
• Add vanilla, maple syrup and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.
DIRECTIONS FOR PIECAKEN:
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of a greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment; grease paper. Grease 12 muffin cups.
2. Prepare cake mix batter according to directions.
3. Transfer 1-1/2 cups batter to the prepared pan. Remove sweet pie from tin pan; place upside down on top of batter. Top with 2-1/2 cups additional batter; tap pan on counter to remove any air bubbles (batter should not completely fill pan).
Note: If you have remaining batter, pour into 6 muffin cups.
4. Bake cupcakes and cake until cake start to pull away from edges of pans and tops are completely set (about 50-60 minutes). Cool 1 hour.
5. Place on serving plate and frost top and side of cake with frosting. If desired, press chopped pecans onto side of cake and sprinkle ground cinnamon on top of cake. Decorate cupcakes as desired. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers.