Patti LaBelle’s Philly Cheesesteak Recipe
15 minsPrep Time
10 minsCook Time
25 minsTotal Time
- 6 long sandwich rolls - split lengthwise, or wraps
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 3 pounds chipped steak (or protein of your choice)
- Coarse black pepper, to taste
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- 1/2 pound cheese of your choice (American, provolone, mozzarella - sliced) or Cheese Whiz
- 1 large Vidalia onion (sliced)
- 1 tomato (optional)
- Ketchup, mustard, mayo (optional)
- Hot peppers
- Crushed red pepper
- Heat oil in a cast iron or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add steak and cook until it has almost reached your preferred doneness (about 5 minutes).
- Season with seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Add onion and toss with the meat until onions are soft (approximately 2 minutes).
- Cover with cheese and cook until melted (2 - 3 minutes).
- Divide mixture among the rolls or wraps and serve immediately with the condiments of your choice.