Ovenly Bakery Salted Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free)
For more recipes from Ovenly Bakery: https://www.oven.ly/
- 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups smooth peanut butter (see note at end)
- Coarse-grained sea salt, to finish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, vigorously whisk together the light brown sugar and eggs until incorporated. Whisk in the vanilla extract. Add the peanut butter and mix with a spatula until smooth and completely incorporated, and until no ribbons of peanut butter can be seen. You know the dough is ready when it has the consistency of Play-Doh.
- Using a scoop or a spoon, form the dough into 12 approximately 2-inch (2- to 2 1/4-ounce) balls and place them on the prepared rimmed sheet pan. For smaller cookies, use a heaping tablespoon.
- Sprinkle the dough balls lightly with coarse-grained sea salt just before baking. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, turning the rimmed sheet pan once halfway through baking (for smaller cookies, bake for 16 to 18 minutes). When finished, the cookies will be lightly golden and cracked on top. Let cool completely before serving.
- You can bake these cookies as soon as the dough is prepared, but they will retain their shape better if you freeze them for 15 minutes before baking.
Courtesy of Ovenly Bakery: https://www.oven.ly/
While the all-natural stuff works just fine, Skippy is our peanut butter brand of choice for this recipe as we've found it retains the dough shape best. These tasty cookies are gluten-free!
About This Recipe:
"OVENLY is a wonderful bakery in Brooklyn, NY (and they also ship nationwide!) 'Proudly founded & led by women,' they make some of my most favorite desserts and have a whole business ethos that is centered on community, sustainability, and darn good treats. They're truly inspiring and I'm super excited to share one of their recipes. I personally don't have the biggest sweet tooth, but these cookies, like most of Ovenly's desserts, are the perfect combination of a little bit salty and a little bit sweet. Five ingredients (that you probably already have in your kitchen), one bowl, and a ton of joy. What's not to love?" - Pilar Valdes