Nick DiGiovanni's Scalloped Scallops
TikTok sensation and MasterChef alum Nick DiGiovanni is in the kitchen with Drew and one of our VFF's to show them how to whip up a delicious meal of scallops and an apple and fennel side salad from his grandma's personal recipe box!
For the Scalloped Scallops:
- 1 lb large scallops
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup cracker crumbs (Ritz crackers)
- ½ cup soft breadcrumbs (toasted day of bread or panko)
- 2/3 cup cream
For the Side Salad:
- Salt & pepper
- 2 cups chopped Braeburn or Gala apples (about 1lb)
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 16 cups torn Boston lettuce (about 8 small heads)
- Toasted pine nuts
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup minced shallots (about 3)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
Scalloped Scallops Directions:
- Slice scallops into thin slices (about 2-3 slices per scallop)
- Melt butter and add cracker crumbs and breadcrumbs.
- Put layer of crumbs in buttered baking dish, cover with scallops, half the cream and season.
- Cover with buttered crumbs.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle with chives or parsley on top and serve.
Mix all dressing ingredients together
Add dressing and toss on salad. Sprinkle with pine nuts.