Maria Bakalova Baklava
- 1 (15 count package) mini phyllo cups
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon melted, unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- pinch of salt
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Transfer phyllo cups onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
In a medium bowl, combine the chopped nuts, cinnamon, cardamom, rose water and salt and mix well. Pour in 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon melted butter and mix again.
Divide the nut mixture and fill each phyllo cup evenly. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until phyllo is golden and nuts are fragrant. Allow to cool slightly. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of melted butter and some honey. Best served while warm.