Eitan's Chocikate Tahini Rugelach
10 minsPrep Time
25 minsCook Time
35 minsTotal Time
For the Dough:
- 1 tsp instant dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 3 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
For the Filling:
- ¾ cup (3.5 ounces) finely chopped semi sweet chocolate
- 6 tbsp tahini
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ cup sugar
- Use an electric mixer on medium speed to mix together flour, sugar, salt, egg, oil and proofed yeast.
Scrape the sides of the bowl and knead the mixture until a smooth dough is formed.
- Remove the dough and roll it out until it’s flat, then add your chocolate filling on top of the flattened dough.
- Cut through the dough and the filling using a pizza cutter, then roll each piece into spirals to form the rugelach shape.
- Bake rugelach for 25 minutes in a 350 degree pre heated oven.
You can take a syrup glaze of your choice, and brush onto the rugelach immediately while it’s still hot.