Dawn Russell's Famous Fruit Cobbler
- Whatever different fruits you like: blueberries, raspberries, ripe mangoes, peaches, mandarins, passion fruits, pineapple, blackberries (5-6 cups chopped fruit for an 11 x 9 inch pan)
- 1 8Greens tablet dissolved in ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or xylitol
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon manuka +20 honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop bigger fruits into bite-size pieces. We like to mix a few different fruits together. Add the 8Greens water and coconut sugar or xylitol to the fruit which will have a bit of liquid from the fruits.
- Mix the dry ingredients in bowl, then stir in the butter and honey.
- Cover bottom of a baking pan with the fruit, sprinkle cobbler topping over.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until top is golden. Serve hot or cold.
"This dish is the first thing I cooked that my friends wanted me to share the secret with them Every friend asks for this recipe, truly every one... It began long ago when my surgeon at Memorial Sloan Kettering named me Ms. Cookie Monster because of my sweet tooth (more like sweet teeth). At a very serious, no-nonsense, disciplined, non-forgiving medical center, I was given this recipe to curb my sweet tooth, and thank you doctors, because we love it." -Dawn Russell