Danny Seo's Sticky Toffee Baked Oatmeal
- 4 cups filtered water
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 (14-ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line inside of an 8x8 inch baking dish, or equivalent, with parchment paper, and grease sides lightly with oil of choice.
- Bring water to a boil. Add oats, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until oats are cooked through and have absorbed the water. Remove from heat and stir in ground flax seeds.
- In a separate pan, add coconut sugar and coconut milk. Bring mixture to a boil and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or mixture thickens to a caramel consistency. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, This should yield 2 cups.
- Chop pecans slightly and add to oats. Fold in half of the toffee mixture (approximately 1 cup) to oats and stir to combine.
- Press out mixture firmly into lined baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Cool before cutting into bars and drizzle with remaining toffee mixture. Top with pecans and salt.