Danny Seo's Savory Broccoli & Cheesy Polenta Skillet Spoonbread
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal (recommend Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium sweet potato (approximately 12 ounces)
- 3 tbsp miso paste
- 2 (13.5-ounce) coconut milk cans
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Place coconut milk, cornmeal, oat flour, nutritional yeast, sea salt, garlic powder and baking powder in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Peel and grate sweet potato using large holes on a box grater (approximately 3 cups). Massage grated sweet potato with miso paste.
- Fold in sweet potato mixture to blended batter.
- Grease oven-proof skillet with a small amount of oil.
- Pour in spoonbread mixture.
- Arrange frozen florets on top of mixture, leaving space in between each one.
- Place skillet on baking tray and transfer to oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until set and a toothpick comes out clean.
Note: A larger skillet can be used to reduce cooking time.