Danny Seo’s Apricot Chili Glazed Portobello and Tofu Banh Mi
Apricot Chili Glazed Portobello and Tofu Banh Mi
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms Sliced lengthwise
- Extra Firm Tofu Sliced lengthwise
- Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 Packet Apricot Jell-O Powder
- 1 Large Pinch of Red Chili Flakes
- 1 Anchovy Filet
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Agave Syrup
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1 Dinner Roll Cut in half
- Fresh Herbs Such as Mint or Cilantro
- Pickled Cucumbers with Rice Vinegar, Sugar and Salt
Heat grapeseed oil in skillet. Saute the portobellos and tofu until the tofu browns and the mushrooms are cooked but not mushy.
In a bowl, mash an anchovy into a paste, then mix in Apricot Jell-O powder, red chili flakes, a splash of apple cider vinegar, agave syrup and corn starch.
Pour mixture into pan with portobellos and tofu and cook until sticky.
Assemble your sandwich – layer the portobellos and tofu, then garnish with fresh herbs and pickled cucumbers.