Dan Churchill's Healthy Green Fried Rice
15 minsPrep Time
15 minsCook Time
30 minsTotal Time
For the Paste:
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 Bunch Mint
- 1 Bunch Coriander/cilantro fresh
- Juice of a lime
- Pinch of salt/pepper
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Knob of Ginger, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Chili, sliced
- 1 Broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped (use your favorite)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 4 Eggs
- In a food processor combine, 1 tbsp of oil, herbs, lime juice, salt and pepper until it forms a paste.
- In a pan on medium high heat add remaining oil and caramelize onion, ginger and garlic for 5-7 minutes or until slightly golden. Add in chili, stir for a minute before continuing with broccoli, mushrooms and rice.
- Stir through the paste, tamari and maple before setting aside.
- Fry your eggs and serve on top!