Chef Loreal Gavin's Butcherbabe Root Beer Marinade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, bourbon barrel aged
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 10 cloves of garlic, crushed (Chef tip: use the flat of a chef knife)
- 1 can of root beer
- 1 1/2 pound skirt steak cut it into half inch pieces on bamboo skewers (Chef tip: cut the beef on a bias)
- 1 tablespoon high heat oil such as avocado oil
- medium sized glass bowl
- whisk bamboo skewers (Chef tip: presoaked in a water bottle, so the meat doesn’t stick to the skewer as it cooks)
- cutting board panini press, grill or heavy bottomed pan kitchen tongs
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized glass bowl with a whisk.
- Add crushed garlic and the can of root beer. Pour Mixture on top of the beef skewers.
- Do not use a plastic bag for this application because the skewers could puncture it. I prefer to use a rectangular shaped glass container with an air tight lid.
- Marinate for at least one hour but up to twenty-four.
- Sear meat in a seasoned hot pan. Cook on each side for 2 minutes, or until about medium, somewhat pink inside.
- Save marinade liquid and reduce by half on low heat in a medium sized sauce pan while meat is cooking. Drizzle on cooked meat and enjoy!
- platter with shredded cabbage and lettuce for wraps
- fresh carrot & cucumber pickles
- sesame seeds
- reduced sauce