Chef Jamie Oliver's Shrimp Linguine
Chef Jamie Oliver shares a quick and easy creamy pasta recipe.
15 minsTotal Time
- 5¼ oz dried linguine
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5½ oz raw peeled jumbo shrimp
- 4 slices smoked pancetta or bacon
- 3 tablespoons Italian red wine
- 1 heaping tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 1¾ oz arugula
- ½ oz Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the garlic.
- Run your knife down the back of 2 shrimp, so they’ll butterfly as they cook, then finely chop the rest.
- Put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Finely slice the pancetta, sprinkle into the pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry until lightly golden.
- Toss in the garlic and whole shrimp for 2 minutes, then go in with the wine and let it cook away.
- Toss through the chopped shrimp and mascarpone for 1 minute, then use tongs to drag the pasta straight into the pan, letting a little starchy cooking water go with it.
- Roughly chop the arugula, add most of it to the pan and toss it all together over the heat until you have a silky sauce.
- Subtly season to perfection with the Parmesan and black pepper. Serve sprinkled with the remaining arugula and an extra grating of Parmesan, if you like.
Excerpted 7 WAYS by Jamie Oliver. Copyright © 2020 by Jamie Oliver. Reprinted with permission from Flatiron Books. All rights reserved. Photography by Levon Biss.