Chef Catherine McCord's Stir Fried Ramen
2 minsPrep Time
5 minsCook Time
7 minsTotal Time
- 1 pack ramen (seasoning packet discarded, sesame oil reserved if it's included)
- 2 cups any combination of vegetables, chopped (bok choy, sugar snap or snow peas, carrots, scallions, mushrooms, bean sprouts or other favorite vegetable cut into similar size pieces)
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 1 tbsp yellow or white miso
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos
- toasted sesame seeds optional
- Place ramen noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover with a plate for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Heat oil over medium high in a large sauté pan and add vegetables. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add miso, soy sauce and 1-2 tbsp of water reserved from soaking noodles from noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes to coat all of the vegetables or until miso is dissolved.
- Drain water from noodles.
- Add the noodles to the sauté pan, stir to coat with the sauce and heat through for one minute.
- Top with sesame seeds or scallions if desired.