Carla Hall's Deviled Eggs "Scary Hot Googly Eyeballs"
Get ready to get spooky with this scary recipe from Chef Carla Hall!
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large black olives, pitted
- Put the eggs in a small saucepan in a single layer and add enough cold water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then remove from the heat, cover, and let sit for 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice and cold water.
- When the eggs are cool enough to handle, peel. Carefully cut each egg in half lengthwise (the yolks should be a little runny) Mix the mayonnaise with paprika and cayenne. Add a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Cut the olives crosswise into circles ¼" thick. You should have at least 8 pieces. Set aside.
- Shake a dash of hot sauce into each yolk. Dollop the spicy mayo in the center of the yolks, then top with the olive rounds.
- Using the sriracha, squiggle lines on the whites of the eggs (like broken blood vessels) and put a drop in the center of the olive round. Serve immediately.