- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Apple Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Shelled Pistachios
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cherries
- 1/2 Cup Flax Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place the butter in a bowl or standing mixer and beat until creamy. Add the maple syrup and beat until combined.
3. Add the apple sauce, egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix to incorporate.
6. Fold in the pistachios, cherries and flax seeds.
7. Using a small ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoon measure, drop dough onto Silpat or parchment-lined baking sheets. Use the palm of your hand to gently press down the cookies, as they do not spread during baking.
7. Bake for 15 minutes and remove to a cooling rack.
To Freeze: Before baking, after step 7 place in the freezer for 1 hour and then transfer to zipper bags. When ready to bake add an additional minute to the cooking time.
To Freeze: After baking, place in freezer bags and freeze up to 3 months.