Barbara “Babs” Costello's Overnight Breakfast Casserole
10 minsPrep Time
50 minsCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casing removed
- 3/4 loaf of challah bread, cubed
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 hefty cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium pan and add sausage in pieces. Cook over medium-high until browned and cooked through. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, combine bread, cooked sausage and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk to combine milk, dry mustard and salt. Combine the milk mixture with the eggs. Pour the wet ingredients over the sausage and bread mixture and mix to combine. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to overnight, if desired. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Good reheated for the next day! Use any kind of bread, cheese or vegetables that you like!
(Courtesy of Barbara “Babs” Costello)