Antoni Porowski's Roasted Leeks
- 1/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Soft Herbs Such as tarragon, marjoram, chives, and/or basil, plus more for serving
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Tsp Grated Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice Plus 1 or 2 lemon wedges for serving
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 6 Medium Leeks About 3 pounds total
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese About 2 ounces
1. Heat the oven to 425, with rack in the middle
2. Whisk the oil, herbs, Dijon, lemon zest and juice, ¼ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a bowl.
3. Trim the roots and dark green parts from the leeks and discard (or save to use for making stock). Halve the leeks lengthwise, rinse well and pat dry, then arrange cut side up on a baking sheet. Spoon the oil mixture over the top, then rub it between the leaves. Turn the leeks cut side down and roast until softened and golden on the cut sides, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Turn the leeks cut side up, sprinkle with parmesan and continue roasting until the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer the leeks to a platter, top with fresh herbs, season with pepper and squeeze lemon over them. Serve hot or warm.