Anne Burrell's Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tsp Sambal or Sriracha Optional
- 2-3 Tbsp Canola or Peanut Oil
- 1/2 Onion Cut into 1/4 inch dice.
- 2 Cloves Garlic Smashed and finely chopped.
- 1 Inch Ginger Peeled and grated.
- 1 Pound Ground Pork
- 1 Can Water Chestnuts Coarsely chopped.
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts Coarsely chopped.
- 3 Scallions Thinly sliced on the bias.
- 1 Head Butter Lettuce Leaves
In a small bowl whisk together the soy, hoisin, rice wine vinegar and Sambal if using. Reserve.
Coat a large saute pan liberally with oil and bring to a medium high heat. Toss in the onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger, stir to combine and add the pork. Using a metal spoon or spatula, break apart the pork. Cook until the pork starts to brown, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the reserved sauce to the pan and cook until the liquid has reduced by about half, 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the water chestnuts.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the scallions and peanuts if using. Serve alongside the lettuce leaves. It’s a DIY situation- wrap it up!!!