Action Bronson's Lamb Burgers “Backyard Markham Street Style”
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp whole coriander seed
- 1 tsp whole cumin seed
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Sliced white bread (such as Wonder Bread)
- Mayonnaise to taste (~1 tbsp/burger)
- Ketchup to taste (~1 tbsp/burger)
- Jar of sweet and sour pickles
- Mix spices; crush coriander and cumin seeds in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder.
- In a medium bowl, combine spices, chopped onion, and cilantro with the ground lamb and form into patties.
- Heat a lightly oiled cast-iron or non-stick pan to medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties for about 5 mins per side, or to your desired level of doneness.
- Toast the bread, slather with mayo and ketchup.
- Assemble the burger, garnish with sweet and sour pickles.