Drew's Cause Corner: March 2021

Drew's News & Causes

We have so many amazing causes featured on our show. Here's how to learn more!

Empowerment Plan

empowerment plan logo

The mission of Empowerment Plan is to empower, employ, and educate parents experiencing homelessness to break the generational cycle of poverty while producing a social good for those in need. The company pairs full-time employment with supportive services, addressing everything from housing and childcare to transportation, education and more. The company trains people to create a durable and innovative coat that transforms into a sleeping bag. With partners, they have created an ecosystem of support that helps people achieve financial stability and independence for their whole family. The program is two years long and provides job readiness training and support services. Roughly 60% of the paid 40-hour work week is dedicated to coat production and the remaining 40% is time allocated to programming and supportive services.

Programs Include:

GED, HSE, or Post-Secondary Education, Financial Health & Wellness, Professionalism and Leadership Training, Driver’s Education, Domestic Violence Support (My Beaten Heart), Meditation and Mindfulness, Empowered Pantry & Nutritional Programming (JL Detroit Project EAT), Trauma-Informed Yoga, Trauma-Informed Care

Supportive Services include:

Therapy, Case Management, Career Advancement Support

To learn more: https://www.empowermentplan.org/